201 St Ann’s Avenue, Bronx, NY
Jobs-Plus is a proven, place-based employment program designed to increase the earnings and employment of working-age residents in designated public housing developments or a cluster of developments. Jobs-Plus – Mill Brook Houses, is operated by East Side House Settlement and based in the Mott Haven neighborhood of the South Bronx. It offers workforce development, financial empowerment services and community building programming to over 3000 residents.
The Business Development Manager will work under the supervision of the Assistant Director. The Business Development Manager will develop, oversee and manage the Employment Services unit at Jobs-Plus. These services will complement Education Services and directly feed into Career Services provided onsite. In addition to leading a team of two Employment Specialists, this role involves working closely with job seekers and the business community.
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director, the Business Development Manager will:
• Develop strategy for increasing employer partnerships, and retaining existing partnerships.
• Spend a significant amount of time cultivating relationships with existing employers that supersedes referring candidates for job opportunities
• Collect data from employers related to job orders including job requirements and skills; matches job skills with applicant qualifications; refers qualified applicants to employers and conducts necessary follow-up when applicants are placed in positions.
• Supervise and coordinate placement efforts of 2 Employment Specialists.
• Ensures the Employment Unit as a whole fulfills at a minimum, a quota of (15) placements per month.
• Assist job seekers, and those looking for career advancement opportunities, with goal achievement.
• Measure training effects on job placement/advancement and use tracking tools to accurately report on outcomes.
• Represent program at networking events and functions with Jobs-Plus Leadership.
• Evaluate and assess efficiency and effectiveness of employer partnerships.
• Assist with facilitating inter-agency and inter-program communication, collaborate with other ESH programs to develop pipeline of work-ready candidates.
• Provide training and support on issues around job seeking, securing and maintaining employment.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requisite Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ experience in sales, marketing, job development, social/human services or employment and training program working with disadvantaged populations.
• Experience managing teams
• Must be able to effectively market and represent our program, our clients and services to employers.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in writing and orally as, ideally, candidates will make presentations, facilitate job readiness workshops and make a connection with various business representatives.
• Experience working with community served by East Side House Settlement
1. Commitment to mission and goals of East Side House Settlement and Jobs-Plus.
2. Understanding of local industries and employment opportunities, ability to interpret and analyze LMI.
3. Strong management skills; ability to supervise unit of 2-3 staff.
4. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
5. Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
6. Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
7. Innovative and engaging ideas for business development and workforce services in community setting.
8. Maintain relationship with all stakeholders, including organization leadership, funders, community leaders, etc.
This role has supervisory responsibilities.
Business casual. Business formal attire may be required for business meetings or other work related events and activities.
Travel throughout the NYC boroughs is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is generally a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and rotation of first Saturday of every month. A rotated schedule of evenings (11 – 7) may be required as well, based on business need.
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to:
To be considered for a position, email resume to JobshrD@eastsidehouse.org. Please be sure to reference Business Development Manager in the subject line of your email. Please submit cover letter and resume as an attachment in a Word document or PDF format only. Due to the volume of resumes received, no calls or faxes regarding submission will be returned. Your resume will only be routed correctly and considered, if all instructions above are met.
Absolutely No Phone Calls!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.