201 St Ann’s Avenue, Bronx, NY
Jobs-Plus is a proven, place-based employment program designed to increase the earnings and employment of working¬ age residents in designated public housing developments or a cluster of developments. Jobs-Plus – Mill Brook Houses is operated by East Side House Settlement and based in the Mott Haven neighborhood of the South Bronx. It offers workforce development, financial empowerment services and community building programming to over 3000 residents. With a recent 3-year contract renewal, Jobs-Plus is looking to expand on the services provided to residents since 2013. This expansion will include heightened focus on training and education as well as career advancement services.
The Business Development Manager will develop, oversee and manage the Employment Services unit at Jobs-Plus. These services will compliment Education Services and directly feed into Career Services provided onsite. In addition to leading a team of two Employment Specialists, this role involves working closely with job seekers and the business community.
A successful candidate will display the following characteristics:
• Commitment to mission and goals of East Side House Settlement and Jobs-Plus.
• Strong management skills, ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Ability to motivate staff, peers and members.
• Excellent organization skills, including attention to detail and follow-through.
• Innovative and engaging ideas for provision of career services in community setting.
• Maintain relationship with all stakeholders, including organization leadership, funders, community leaders, etc.
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director, the Career Services Manager will:
• Supervise the implementation of Jobs-Plus Career Pathways strategy, from point of placement to career advancement of Jobs Plus members.
• Supervise and coordinate Career Services unit, including 1 Career Coach, 1 Financial Counselor.
• Establish tools and systems for Career Services unit, including initial assessments, outcome goal plans, and retention processes as needed.
• Supervise, coordinate and provide career coaching sessions around successful job performance, career advancement pathways, and other topics.
• Host monthly events on-site geared towards boosting enrollment, retention and financial outcomes
• Spend a significant amount of time cultivating relationships with community organizations
• Supervise the input of all participant documentation and outcomes data as related to program goals.
• Work as part of an interdisciplinary team with Education Services unit, Employment Services unit, and Social Services Department to ensure participants’ needs, interests, and goals are met. Initiate and participate in case conferencing.
• Measure coaching effects on job placement/advancement and use tracking tools to accurately report on outcomes.
• Represent program at networking events and functions with Jobs Plus Leadership.
• Assist with facilitating inter-agency and inter-program communication, collaborate with other ESH programs.
Education & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree required, and experience managing teams.
• Minimum for 3-5 years of experience in relevant field.
• Experience working with community served by East Side House Settlement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Business casual. This job operates in a professional school environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is generally a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This position may supervise assigned personnel, including front line staff and/or support staff.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and rotation of first Saturday of every month. A rotated schedule of evenings (11 – 7) may be required as well, based on business need.
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to:
To be considered for a position, email resume to Jobshrg1@eastsidehouse.org. Please be sure to reference Job Title in the subject line of your email. Please submit a cover letter and resume as an attachment in a Word document or PDF format only. Due to the volume of resumes received, no calls or faxes regarding submission will be returned. Your resume will only be routed correctly and considered if all instructions above are met.
Please visit our website: www.eastsidehouse.org.
Absolutely No Phone Calls!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.