50,000 – $60,000
Deputy Director of Early Learn
The role of Compliance Officer, is a strategic leadership position within ESH El. As such, the candidate will work well in a team, have strong relationship building skills and have the ability to forecast and project trends and solutions. The objective of the role is to provide quality assurance of program goals, deliverables and outcomes. The candidate must be an independent thinker and have the ability to creative solve problems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams (i.e. Administrators, Education, Family Services, Facilities) to facilitate inform decisions
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives
- Create, document and implement daily inspection criteria and procedures within parameters of agency’s guidelines and/or governing agencies regulations
- Prepares, and submits monthly compliance reports, and/or ad-hoc reports to Deputy Director or leaders
- Conduct random weekly electronic record reviews/audits (i.e. child records, educational records, HR Records, Petty Cash, etc; advise appropriate leadership of findings, recommendations, and execute corrective steps; monitor situation(s) for progressive change and mitigation of risk
- Conduct weekly site visits ensuring standards, regulations and policies are adhered to, and staff are knowledgeable of agency protocols
- Apply total quality management tools and best practices to analyze, report and streamline processes
- Research and identify vendors to meet agency needs; review service proposals/contracts ensuring scope of work/services are compliant to set statutes, etc.; maintain positive working relations with vendors; ensure procured items meets quality standards
- Compile, spearhead and maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams; Develop, implement and maintain internal quality system
- Design, develop and implement quality control training for each program component; gather and report participants’ feedback to appropriate leaders; partner with leaders to monitor and gage effectiveness of participants application of acquired knowledge/skills; recommend corrective steps as needed
- Analysis of customer and regulatory requirements to assess their effect on the internal quality system.
- Support agency audits, and serve as point person/liaison
- Establish and maintain quality assurance record retention system(s) and protocol(s)
- In collaboration with program leadership and Deputy Director identify indicators, benchmarks, milestones and programmatic goals for tracking
Requisite Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years compliance or administration exp. for a mid to large size organization.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business, or Management, or Public Administration
- At least 5 years exp. in auditing, or compliance, or administration exp. for a mid to large size organization.
- Problem Solving/ Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Presentation Skills
- Decision Making
- Results Driven
- Organization Skills
Business casual. This job operates in a school environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Occasional travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, bend and lift without restrictions or assistance, lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Work days/hours subject to change based on ESH’s needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email only
East Side House Settlement
337 Alexander Avenue, Bronx, NY 10454
Visit our website: www.eastsidehouse.org
(Please indicate position title on subject line)
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS