Refer to CBA
The cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
a. Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
b. Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
c. Serves or ensures proper serving of food for family style meals.
2. Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
3. Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
4. Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
5. Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
6. Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
7. Apportions food for serving.
8. Maintains daily production records.
9. Ensures that daily review of the listing of children with special dietary needs and/or restrictions.
10. Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
11. Completes food temperature checks before service.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Collaboration Skills
2. Customer/Client Focus
4. Stress Management/Composure
6. Communication Skills
Required Education/certifications and Experience
1. High School Diploma
2. Dept. of Health Food Handler’s Certificate
3. Prior experience in a related food service position
4. Knowledge in C.A.C.F.P. Guidelines
Additional Eligibility Qualifications/Security Clearance
1. Department of Investigation fingerprint clearance
2. Statewide Central Register (SCR) clearance
3. Physical examination
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and some Saturdays. Work days/hours subject to change based on ESH’s needs.
Travel between sites will be required at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less on a daily basis. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to
To be considered for a position, email resume to Jobshrg1@eastsidehouse.org. Please be sure to reference Job Title in the subject line of your email. Please submit a cover letter and resume as an attachment in a Word document or PDF format only. Due to the volume of resumes received, no calls or faxes regarding submission will be returned. Your resume will only be routed correctly and considered if all instructions above are met.
Please visit our website: www.eastsidehouse.org.
Absolutely No Phone Calls!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities’ veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employee will not be discriminated against on the basic of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet Disability Employer.