East Side House Settlement Administrative Office
Director of Development
East Side House (ESH) is a community-based organization in the South Bronx. ESH collaborates with schools, community centers and other partners to provide quality education and resources to residents of the South Bronx and surrounding communities.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Development Associate will assist in the development of grants and contracts, management of agency data, and production of promotional materials. The ideal candidate will have will have a “can-do” attitude and will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required, but not limited to:
Duties include, but are not limited to the following key activities:
Proposal & Award Management Assistance
• Write proposals and reports for a range of audiences including foundations, corporations, government agencies and individual donors.
• Conduct prospect research to identify new foundation and government funding opportunities that align with the organization’s mission, initiatives, and programs
• Manage calendar and tracking of all grant proposals, reporting, and renewals.
• Lead contract processing procedures.
• Research and report on best practices, community data, and other relevant literature.
• Work with agency staff to secure and maintain grants for general and program support.
• Conduct outreach to other organizations for purposes of building linkages and partnership.
• Collect and summarize data on program performance.
• Pull data reports from agency database for analysis.
• Develop dashboard to display agency-wide data.
Communications and Promotion
• Develop and execute formal annual communications plan, in consultation with the Director of Development.
• Oversee creative production and distribution of regular external emails, develop text and graphics templates, managing interface with our website.
• Draft and update agency collateral annually.
• Manage small-scale online fundraising projects.
• Assist in the creation of relevant social media content to populate agency’s social outlets.
• Collaborate with third party outlets in the production of public facing materials for fundraising events, as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requisite Education and Experience
• B.A/ B.S. and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, writing, communication, organizational skills.
• Exceptional time-management and organizational skills as needed for meeting multiple deadlines.
• Preference will be given to those with experience in Microsoft Office Suite, email marketing services, and WordPress.
• Preference will be given to those with experience with government contracting processes and various funding streams (federal, state, city).
1. Teamwork Orientation
3. Sound Decision Making
4. Communication Proficiency (written and verbal)
5. Customer/Client Focus
6. Time Management
7. Attention to detail
8. Organizational Skills
Corporate casual. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Work days/hours subject to change based on ESH’s needs.
Site visits to various programs in Bronx and Manhattan on occasion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, bend and lift without restrictions or assistance, lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to:
To be considered for a position, email resume to Jobshrd@eastsidehouse.org . Please be sure to reference Job Title in the subject line of your email. Please submit a cover letter and resume as an attachment in a Word document or PDF format only. Due to the volume of resumes received, no calls or faxes regarding submission will be returned. Your resume will only be routed correctly and considered if all instructions above are met.
Please visit our website: www.eastsidehouse.org
Absolutely No Phone Calls!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.