Education Services Manager
East Side House (ESH) is a community-based organization in the South Bronx. ESH collaborates with schools, community centers and other partners to provide quality education and resources to residents of the South Bronx and surrounding communities.
Jobs-Plus is a proven, place-based employment program designed to increase the earnings and employment of working-age residents in designated public housing developments or a cluster of developments. Jobs-Plus – Mill Brook Houses, is operated by East Side House Settlement and based in the Mott Haven neighborhood of the South Bronx. It offers workforce development, financial empowerment services and community building programming to over 3000 residents. With a recent 3-year contract renewal, Jobs Plus is looking to expand on the services provided to residents since 2013. This expansion will include heightened focus on training and education as well as career advancement services.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following key activities:
The HSE Instructor will work under the supervision of the Education Services Manager. The HSE Instructor will provide career placement and advancement services onsite to Jobs-Plus members. These services will assist members with attaining employment, retaining positions and advancing in their career. This role involves working closely with job seekers and working Jobs-Plus members seeking education to increase their career opportunities.
1. Integrate HSE services into broader career and educational goals of members.
2. Ensures quality and efficient daily classroom instruction, student assessments, and curriculum development ensuring participant’s preparation for TASC.
3. Implement and expand on TASC material for pre-HSE and HSE prep, incorporating students’ relevant interests and learning needs.
4. Instruct Pre-HSE and HSE prep classes of between 12-18 students; supervise and assign duties to Tutors (when available) to supplement and advance instructions
5. Provide student feedback and support; devise individualized instructional plans for students.
6. Initiate and participate in case conferencing management to assist members achieve career and education goals.
7. Continuously evolve instructional techniques to engage adult students and foster development of their literacy and numeracy skills in preparation for HSE exam
8. Build and maintain relationship with case load of Advisees- track Advisee progress through career and education goal plans.
9. Work as part of an interdisciplinary team with Employment Specialists, Career Coaches, and others providing onsite services.
10. Partner with Job Placement staff in identifying, cultivating and placing participants into sector based trainings leading to employment after HSE attainment.
11. Be willing to become licensed in area of certification as required by program and lead trainings to certify participants.
12. Participate in relevant departmental meetings, trainings, case conferences, workshops and events.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requisite Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field required.
• Minimum for 3-5 years of experience in education, facilitation of workshops, business development, sales, human resources, job development, recruitment or marketing.
• Experience working with community served by East Side House Settlement, a plus.
A successful candidate will display the following characteristics
1. Excellent customer Service
2. Problem Solving/Analysis
3. Project Management.
4. Communication Proficiency
5. Ethical Conduct
6. Time Management
7. Team/Relationship Building
Expected Work Schedule
This is a Full Time position. Hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 am- 5:00 pm and rotation of first Saturday of every month from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. Work days/hours subject to change based on ESH’s needs.
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to:
To be considered for a position, email resume to Jobshrd@eastsidehouse.org. Please be sure to reference Job Title in the subject line of your email. Please submit a cover letter and resume as an attachment in a Word document or PDF format only. Due to the volume of resumes received, no calls or faxes regarding submission will be returned. Your resume will only be routed correctly and considered if all instructions above are met.
Please visit our website: www.eastsidehouse.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Absolutely No Phone Calls!
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.