21.95 Per Hour
East Side House (ESH) is a community-based organization in the South Bronx. ESH collaborates with schools, community centers and other partners to provide quality education and resources to residents of the South Bronx and surrounding communities.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following key activities:
Under the supervision of the Director of Technology, the IT System Administrator is expected to perform technical supports for the agency wide in a satisfactory manner.
• System monitoring thorough
• New accounts set-up and active directory administration
• Design new computer systems system and server performance
• Run reports on system performance for team and wider organization
• Optimize processes and lead process improvement
• Manage staff and user credentials and frameworks
• Troubleshoot technical issues
• Create and implement training for staff
• Coordinate and provide support for Firewall and network system
• Ensure systems are secure and protected from breach or viruses
• Risk mitigation planning
• This individual in conjunction with the Director of IT supports the agency’s PC workstations, printers, copiers, scanners, servers, and phones. She/he assists in cabling and rewiring when needed. He/she performs regular system maintenance, software upgrades, and data backup.
• The individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, TCP/IP, Networking, Switches, Routers, WordPress, etc
• This job requires some local travels and walking to remote sites to provide technical supports. The individual must be patient, friendly and feel comfortable working in teams and the staff agency wide.
• Build and set up computers and install software.
• Install network printers and set up scanner.
• Create tickets and documentation for all issues.
• Troubleshoot computer and printer errors.
• Create user account, email account, and set up Lync phone.
• Set up Smartboard, projector, and router.
• Run RJ45 and RJ11 cables
• Travel to remote sites often to provide technical supports.
Requisite Education and Experience
• IT or Computing Studies or Information Systems
• High-level problem-solving skills
• Analytical and critical thinking capabilities
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
• At least two year of experience with computer/software installation.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and willing to
• Working knowledge of different Operating Systems.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Teamwork Orientation
2. Communication Proficiency
3. Customer/Client Focus
4. Time Management
5. Thorough/Detail Oriented
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
Business casual. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
The role has no supervisory responsibilities.
Site Visits to various programs in the Bronx and Manhattan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. On occasion work on weekends or after work hours for large maintenance projects or during special events. Work days/hours subject to change based on ESH’s needs.
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to:
To be considered for a position, email resume to JobshrD@eastsidehouse.org. Please be sure to reference Job Title in the subject line of your email. Please submit a cover letter and resume as an attachment in a Word document or PDF format only. Due to the volume of resumes received, no calls or faxes regarding submission will be returned. Your resume will only be routed correctly and considered if all instructions above are met.
Please visit our website: www.eastsidehouse.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.