Chief Financial Officer
East Side House Settlement Administrative Offices
Under general direction from the CFO, the Payroll Manager oversees payroll administration. The Payroll Manager is responsible for monitoring all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives, including relationships with external auditors and state and federal agencies. The majority of the employee’s time is spent planning, coordinating and managing the functions of the payroll process. This position requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
• Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
• Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support.
• Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
• Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
• Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree and three to five years of payroll experience
• Proficient at MS Office (High Proficiency in advanced Excel).
• Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment and multi-task.
• Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills.
1. Financial Management
2. Project Management
3. Customer/Client Focus
4. Communication Proficiency
5. Technical Capacity
6. Collaboration Skills
7. Ethical Conduct
8. Stress Management/Composure
9. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
10. Team player
11. Highly organized
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position may supervise assigned personnel, including front line staff and/or support staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Work days/hours subject to change based on ESH’s needs.
Minimal to no travel is expected for this position.
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to:
To be considered for a position, email resume to JobshrgD@eastsidehouse.org. Please be sure to reference Job Title in the subject line of your email. Please submit cover letter and resume as an attachment in a Word document or PDF format only. Due to the volume of resumes received, no calls or faxes regarding submission will be returned. Your resume will only be routed correctly and considered, if all instructions above are met.
Please visit our website: www.eastsidehouse.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Absolutely No Phone Calls!
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.