Fundraising and Special Events Officer
East Side House Settlement is a community resource in the South Bronx. We believe education is the key that enables all people to create economic and civic opportunities for themselves, their families and the communities. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working and customer-service-oriented individuals to represent East Side House during our fundraising event season.
Duties and Deliverables
- Provides information to customers by verifying understanding of request; answering questions
- Initiates service by recording requests; communicating to relevant party/individual.
- Collects revenue by receiving and recording payments.
- Maintain accurate filing and organization of all payments made on-site, by phone, or by check.
- Manage event Will Call tickets
- Answer phones on-site and direct patron questions
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s preferred
- Experience working in a professional office
- Experience working at special events preferred
- Proficiency is Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) is a must
- Verbal Communication, Multi-tasking, Customer Service,
- Desire to learn and adapt to a quick and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to use and navigate events technology
Corporate. This job operates in a professional office environment and in high end events space. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, iPads, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
Position Type and Expected Hours of work:
This is a seasonal position. 9-5 M-F from November 2018-February 2019. Longer hours during major events (January 17-27th)
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to:
To be considered for a position, email resume to JobshrD@eastsidehouse.org. Please be sure to reference Seasonal Event/Customer Service Clerk in the subject line of your email. Please submit cover letter and resume as an attachment in a Word document or PDF format only. Due to the volume of resumes received, no calls or faxes regarding submission will be returned. Your resume will only be routed correctly and considered, if all instructions above are met.
Absolutely No Phone Calls!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.