$45,000 – $52,000
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
East Side House School Director/ Social Service Supervisor
Social Services/ Bronx School Campus
East Side House Settlement is a community resource in the South Bronx. We believe education is the key that enables all people to create economic and civic opportunities for themselves, their families and the communities. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working and creative leader who shares our passion for providing exceptional programming to children and families.
The Social Worker will provide social emotional services and referrals to other students within the school as needed. The Social Worker will also work together with the School team members, to develop and facilitate family focused workshops/events to help families enhance their communication with the students. The Social Worker is responsible for implementing the counseling aspect of the program’s School grant. With the guidance and support of the DOE team, East Side House School Director, the Social Worker will oversee the development of targeted students and ensure their social emotional needs are met.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build relationships with participating students through consistent individual/group counseling sessions
• Identify, establish and maintain linkages with community health care providers, to build capacity around social service assistance for students and families.
• Act as a liaison between the school and outside establishments and services, in order to bring additional mental health resources into the school.
• Plan and conduct family or parent meetings
• Develop and facilitate student achievement action plans
• Provide referrals for students and student’s family. Follow up on referrals to determine outcomes and help resolve barriers.
• Attend weekly supervision sessions with CS Director and Social Service supervisor for clinical supervision
• Create and facilitate in-house workshops to CBO and DOE staff around social emotional awareness and best practices.
• Act as a liaison between DOE, and mental health partners to obtain a cohesiveness of social/emotional and mental health services
• Creatively develop innovative solutions to myriad challenges as they arise
• Communicate progress and obstacles with relevant committees as well as with outreach worker, program director and school liaison
• Maintain an active list of referral sources (psychotherapy, intense counseling, homelessness, etc.)
• Maintain appropriate documentation for DOE school and Social Service department
• Other duties as assigned by program director; responsibilities could involve evenings on occasions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requisite Education & Experience
• MSW and 2+ years field experience
• Experience working with urban youth, preferably in a school setting
• Demonstrated record of positively influencing youth
• Proven history of relentlessness and overcoming challenges
• Bi-lingual in the English and Spanish language (communicate, read, and translate)
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Team Oriented
3. Time Management
4. Problem Solving/Analysis
5. Result driven
6. Leadership skills
7. Collaboration skills
• Department of Education (DOE)
Business casual. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This is a Full-time position. Schedule may vary based on the programs’ needs. Time will be split between two high schools in the South Bronx Region.
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to:
To be considered for a position, email resume to Jobshrg@eastsidehouse.org. Please be sure to reference Job Title in the subject line of your email. Please submit a cover letter and resume as an attachment in a Word document or PDF format only. Due to the volume of resumes received, no calls or faxes regarding submission will be returned. Your resume will only be routed correctly and considered if all instructions above are met.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.