Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
East Side House Settlement offers a benefits package
Community School Director
Lehman Renewal High School
Herbert H. Lehman
3000 E Tremont Ave, Bronx, NY 10461
East Side House Settlement is a community resource in the South Bronx. We believe education is the key that enables all people to create an economic and civic opportunities for themselves, their families and the communities. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working and creative leader who shares our passion for providing exceptional programming to children and families in the South Bronx. Lehman High School is committed to the intellectual and emotional growth of every student through the creation of a nurturing and supportive learning environment. By mobilizing the resources ofparents, the community, business and cultural entities and the professiona staff, our school community is dedicated to a single purpose- maximizing pupil potential. Through our partnership, East Side House will help leverage this mission.
Under the supervision of the Community School Director with latitude for independent judgment, the advisor will be responsible to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required, but not limited to:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited:
• Meet with targeted students in a group setting and individually to assist them in their attendance, academic, and personal goals.
• Conduct daily attendance outreach and home visits as necessary.
• Facilitate group advisory sessions two-three times per week.
• Consult with teachers and provide feedback to students on performance outcomes using a biweekly assessment.
• Maintain student charts and records to ensure individual and programmatic milestones are being met.
• Refer students to additional support services as needed.
• Attend administrative meetings, program trainings and staff development.
• Participate in civic and community building efforts and activities as assigned via East Side House Community Development.
• Identify and establish linkages with community organizations to identify additional resources and supports for students and families.
• Arrange field trips, special events and extracurricular activities.
• Build strong, positive relationships with school leadership, teachers and administrative staff members
• Participate in special yearly student-based projects.
• Meet with each student on caseload to create a needs-based assessment and set academic, attendance and behavioral goals as needed for each student.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
• B.A/ B.S.W. with at least two years’ experience with youth-related work.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, writing, communication, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment and multi-task.
• Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills.
• Affinity for working with high school youth and knowledge of principles of youth development.
• Knowledge and experience in WordPerfect/ Microsoft Word and other applications.
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
1. Teamwork Orientation
2. Communication Proficiency
3. Customer/Client Focus
4. Time Management/Ability to meet deadlines/Arrive to work on time
5. Organization of records, emails and documents
6. Some Autonomy and follow through on all tasks
• Department of Education (DOE) Fingerprint
The role has no supervisory responsibilities
Business casual. This job operates in a professional school environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
• This is a full-time position. Work Schedule: Fall & Spring Schedule: Monday – Friday 9-5, 8:30-4:30, or 10:00-6:00pm with flexibility. Summer Hours subject to change based on program needs. Work days/hours subject to change based on ESH’s needs. Some evenings and weekends required.
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to:
To be considered for a position, email resume to Jobshrg@eastsidehouse.org. Please be sure to reference Job Title in the subject line of your email. Please submit cover letter and resume as an attachment in a Word document or PDF format only. Due to the volume of resumes received, no calls or faxes regarding submission will be returned. Your resume will only be routed correctly and considered, if all instructions above are met.
Please visit our website: www.eastsidehouse.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.